‘For imparting vitality and building up resistance to diseases, raw juices should be a part of the daily diet of everyone’, due to this reason I prepared this recipe, where I used raw mango juice. For Raw mango squash I got raw mangoes from my garden for its freshness. Raw mango is also known as ‘kairy’ or ‘amiya’.
- Raw mango juice: ½ liter (1 kg mango)
- Mint juice: 100-150 ml. (250 gm. Mint leaves)
- Sugar: 600 gm.
- Water ½ liter
- Citric acid: 7-8 gm. (1 ½ teaspoon)
- Kala namak: 10 gm (1 tablespoon)
- Roasted cumin powder: 15 gm (3 teaspoon)
- Salt: 5 gm. (1 teaspoon)
- Black pepper: 15 gm. (3 teaspoon)
- Sodium benzoate: 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Raw mango essence: 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Color: apple green (optional)
- Take a fry pan /container, put water, sugar and citric acid in it, boil and prepare sugar syrup till one string consistency come.
- Add kala namak, cumin powder and crushed black pepper; boil it again for couple of minutes.
- Sieve this prepared sugar syrup with muslin cloth, add raw mango juice and mint juice into the syrup, mix well. (You can add color and essence too, if you wish to keep it in longer period you have to add sodium benzoate.)
How to serve:
- Just put ¼ glasses of squash for 1 glass of water and ice cube as per your wish.