Salad might not be everyone’s favorite but for those who are trying to lose weight, here is recipe …
Come up with Chana dal (split Bengal) gram & vegetable salad, which is rich in protein and vitamins should be consumed regularly for multiple health benefits.
Here I used blanched cabbage leaf, which enhance the plating and brings the hunger, I used exotic Carambola (star fruit), which gives the rich dietary fiber and vitamin c.
- Chana dal: 50 gm
- Carambola (star fruit):1 no.
- Tender Cabbage leaf: 8-10 no.
- Spring onion: 20 gm.
- Cucumber: 50-60 gm. (1 no.)
- Carrot: 20 gm.
- Radish: 20 gm.
- Tomato: 50 gm
- Green chili: 2 no.
- Coriander leaves: 20 gm.
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Lemon: 1 no.
- Soak chana dal for at least 3-4 hours.
- Blanch (put cabbage leaf into boiled water for couple of minutes, remove and put into normal water to retain the color of the leaf) cabbage leaf and keep aside.
- Chop all ingredients (spring onion, Carambola, radish, tomato, green chili and coriander leaves) into small pieces, keep aside.
- Grate carrot, keep aside.
- Take a mixing bowl; put chopped and grated ingredients into bowl. Add salt and lemon juice into it, keep aside.
- Spread blanched cabbage leaf and put the prepared and mixed salad on the leaf, again spread coriander leaves for decoration see the photo.
- Chana dal (split Bengal) gram & vegetable salad is ready to be served with meal.