This pickle is very popular in north India, especially in the state of Bihar. This is preservative free sun dried pickles, that required little passion and patient, I made this at my terrace. It is very spicy, hot and aromatic pickles, which automatically enhances our snacks or meal.
- Suran: 400 -500 gm
- Ginger 200gm
- Garlic 200gm
- Green chili: 200gm
- Raw mango: 200gm
- Salt: 100gm
- Turmeric powder: 50 gm
- Ajawine 1 tablespoon
- Kalongi: 1 teaspoon
- Mustard oil: 250-300 gm
- Clean and peel off the suran and, wash thoroughly.
- Dry it into the sun for half an hour and Grate them. Keep aside.
- Chop ginger, green chili and garlic into very –very fine pieces or you can coarsely grind this. Keep aside.
- Mix all prepared ingredients except oil, and keep it into sun for drying for 2-3 days.
- After 2-3 days, Take fry pan, heat oil till smoke appears.
- Mix all oil into suran-mix.
- Again put outside into the sun for drying for another 4-5 days.
- Suran pickle is ready. Put this into glass jar and enjoy throughout year.