A traditional Indian desert is from Punjab and Bihar ‘Besan ka halwa’, delicious and tempting aroma. It is enriched with goodness of Besan (gram flour) and ghee (clarified butter), green cardamom & dry fruits.
Give your child the power of protein, helps in building strong muscles. Ghee is beneficial for memory and mental development as a whole, enhances the stamina and strengthens eye sight, increases vitality.
And has many more…
- Besan (gram flour): 1 cup (100gm)
- Sugar: ½ cup (100 gm)
- Ghee: ½ cup
- Green cardamom: 5-6 no.
- Raisin: 1 tablespoon
- Cashew nut: 8-10 no.
- Water: one cup
- Discard the skin of cardamom, crush the seeds. Keep aside
- Slice the cashew nut. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a fry pan, add cashew nut deep fry them and keep aside. Add Besan; stir fry on medium low flame till it gets golden brown in color.
- Add raisin and fry for a minute, add water, stir continuously to mix well.
- Add sugar and stir to mix, continue to cook on lower flame till the halwa consistency appears.
- Add fried cashew nut and cardamom powder, add one tablespoon of ghee to finish it off.
- Transfer it to serving plate and Garnish with dry fruits or as per your choice.
- Besan (gram flour) ka halwa is ready to be serve.