Vegetables are must in our diet; it is an important part of balanced diet. The recipe is easy to prepare and take just 10-15 minutes. It is widely used in south India, it is used in north India too especially in Uttar Pradesh it is more popular.
Snake gourd is well-known around the world, perhaps more than thousands of years. They are native to Southeast Asia, including Myanmar, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, and other neighboring countries, as well as some parts of Australia and Africa.
It is a vine plant that climbs up a tree. In terms of vitamins and minerals, snake gourd Possesses vitamin A, B and C and manganese, calcium, iron, potassium and iodine.
- Snake gourd: 300 gm
- Whole Red chilly: 1no.
- Cumin: ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon (as per taste)
- Asafoetida: ¼ teaspoon
- Mustard oil: 2 tablespoon
- Scrape the Peel of snake gourd and chop them in thin ring slices.
- Take a fry pan. Heat oil, add cumin and whole red chili, sputters it for few seconds; add asafoetida and sliced snake gourd and stir fry for couple of minutes, add turmeric powder, coriander powder, chili powder and salt, stir and cover it; cook on medium flame till it is done and soft, open the cover, keep stirring and cook on high flame till liquid dries up.
- Snake gourd ki sabji is ready to serve. Serve hot with dost paratha or any meal.