Every day meal for kids:
Kids are very fond off eating potato in everyday meal. The recipe is for your kids lunch box (you can avoid the chili as per your taste) which has subtle taste. This is boiled and stir fry recipe, in which I used mint leaves that gives the additional flavor and taste.
- Potato: 250 gm
- Green chilly: 2-3 no. (Optional)
- Asafetida powder: 1pinch
- Cumin: ½ teaspoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Chat masala: ½ teaspoon
- Dry mango powder: ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: one forth teaspoon
- Coriander powder: half teaspoon
- Mint leaves: 20 gm.
- Mustard oil: 3 tablespoon
- Slit the green chili and discard the seeds. Keep aside.
- Boil/ microwave the potatoes, Peel and chop it.
- Clean and chop the mint leaves, keep aside.
- Take heavy bottom pan, heat oil till smoke appears; add cumin and asafoetida wait for few seconds to sputter, add green chili, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, mango powder, fry for one minute, add mint leaves and chopped potatoes, fry on high flame for couple of minutes.
- Add chat masala and stir fry till it get crisp, put off the flame and decorate with green mint leaf.
- Khasta aaloo fry (crispy potato fry with mint/pudina) is ready to serve.