Now a day’s soup is popular all over world, this soup is very special and full of calcium and good for joint pains. My family is great fan of this soup, my grand-mother made this paya soup; she used to serve this soup before meal or as a breakfast and preferred to continue daily for a week or two.
This soup gives strength to bones, cook this soup in traditional way and this is very simple to cook, healthy and tasty with amazing aroma. It takes little longer to cook.
- Mutton (leg/paya piece): 2 no. (Approx 200gm)
- Onion: 50 gm
- Tomato: 1 small (optional)
- Turmeric powder: 1 pinch
- Bay leaf: 1 no.
- Cloves: 2 no.
- Garlic flakes: 2 no.
- Ginger: 2 inch piece
- Ajawine (carom seeds): ½ teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon (as per taste)
- Black pepper powder: ½ teaspoon
- Water: 750 ml
- Butter: 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Clean and wash mutton paya (in pieces without skin) with running water.
- Clean garlic pods. Cut into pieces.
- Cut onion and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Put all ingredients into the pressure cooker, mix well.
- Close the lid, bring it to full cooking pressure, Reduce to lower heat and cook for one hour to one hour 15 minutes (depending upon how tender is lamb), Allow cooker to cool.
- Stir the soup like pressing manner for couple of minutes so that all ingredients blends well, boil again and serve hot with spreading little black pepper and butter.