I love to create dishes with ingredients which enhance the nutritional value and also the taste of the dish. This time I prepare the Mutton with Methi saag (Fresh green fenugreek).
Methi saag (Fresh green fenugreek) help to flush out harmful toxins from body at the same time it is full of calcium and magnesium. Mutton is a great source of vitamin 12, which aids to the brain function.
- Mutton: 250gm
- Methi (fenugreek leaves) 100 gm.
- Onion: 100 gm
- Tomato: 1 medium
- Green chili: 2 no.
- Chili powder: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Bay leaves: 1 no.
- Cloves: 4 no.
- Green cardamom: 2 no.
- Garam masala powder: ½ teaspoon
- Garlic flakes: 4-5 no.
- Ginger: 2”pieces
- Oil: 2 table spoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon (as per taste)
- Cumin seed: 1 teaspoon
- Butter 10-15 gm
- Water: 200ml.
- Clean and wash mutton.
- Clean garlic flakes.
- Cut onion, methi leaf and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Put oil in the cooker. Heat the oil till smoke is coming; Put garlic, bay leaf, cumin seed and cloves, sputter for few seconds.
- Add onion and brown on high flame (About 4-5 minutes) add ginger paste and mutton, Reduce to low flame; fry mutton till liquid dries up (about 12-15 minutes).
- Add salt, chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and chopped tomato continues to fry for another couple of minutes on high flame, stir continuously otherwise it may burn.
- Add water. Close lid and bring to full cooking pressure, reduce to lower heat and cook for7-8 minutes.
- Allow cooker to cool, open the cooker; add methi leaves and butter. Stir fry for couple of minutes on high flame till it reaches your desire consistency, add Garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves.
- Transfer into serving plate Serve hot as a starter or with basmati rice or as you wish.