Almost in all state of India people cooks this laal saag in their own way. It is one of my favorite vegetable since my childhood days; I was especially fascinated by its beautiful color. It was fun to mix and eat with steamed rice as rice too gets beautiful red color. It is easy to cook; only 4-5 ingredients is required. You will love the recipe.
Regular consumption of lal saag reduces blood pressure and cholesterol level; this is a power house of iron, calcium, vitamin A and c.
- Laal saag: 1bunch (250gm)
- Onion: 1 no. (Small)
- Garlic: 2 flakes
- Oil: 2 table spoon
- Salt: half teaspoon (as per taste)
- Mustard seed: 1 teaspoon
- Red chili: 1-2 no.
- Clean, wash and Chop laal saag leaf roughly. Keep aside.
- Chop onion and garlic into small pieces. Keep aside.
- Cut red chili into 2-3 pieces. Keep aside.
- Take fry pan, put oil and heat, when it smokes add mustard seeds and red chili wait till it sputters, add onion, garlic, stir and fry (keep it stirring otherwise it may burn).
- Fry till onion become translucent, add laal saag leaf, stir well and fry for few minutes.
- After few minutes it will change the texture and starts shrinking, put half cup of water. Cook for 10-15 minutes on medium lower heat.
- Add salt, stir well cook and mash with masher till it is done, put off the flame, Now, Laal saag is ready to serve. Have it with rice, dal/Sāmbhar…