In south India almost every house has drumsticks plant; ‘drum stick leaf and flower poriyal’ used to cook in every kitchen and every home. It is most common recipe in south Indian kitchen. It has magical properties and has medicinal value. It has wide benefits, as it is called wonder plant. It is particularly useful to those who suffer from knee pain as they provide great relief from pain and further it makes your skin glow.
- Drum sticks leaf and flower: 100-150 gm
- Onion: 1 no. (Small)
- Garlic paste: ½ teaspoon
- Sesame seed oil/cooking oil: 2 table spoon
- Salt: half teaspoon (as per taste)
- Cumin: 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seed: ½ teaspoon
- Split black gram: 1 teaspoon
- Red chili: 1 no.
- Red chili powder: ½ teaspoon
- Curry leaves: 1 twig
- Asafoetida: 1 pinch
- Turmeric powder: 1 pinch
- Fresh scraped coconut: 1 tablespoon
- Chop onion, Keep aside.
- Grind scrapped coconut, cumin and chili powder, make coarse paste, and keep aside.
- Take fry pan put oil, when it smokes, add mustard seeds, red chili and split black gram, wait till it sputters. Add garlic paste, chopped onion, salt and turmeric powder; add drum stick saag and flower stir and fry for couple of minutes (keep it stirring otherwise it may burn), add curry leaves too.
- After few minutes it will change the color and start shrinking, put half cup of water. Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium lower heat. Add coarsely grinded paste, fry for couple of minutes. Put off the flame.
- Now Drum sticks leaf ka saag (murungai keerai poo poriyal) is ready to serve.
- Transfer into serving bowl; serve this as a side dish at lunch or dinner.