‘Stuffed spring onion paratha’ a tasty delight, healthy eating, every bite of this filled with goodness of spring onion, so go ahead take another bite! You surly love aroma and taste, it takes very less time to prepare and really exotic.
- Spring onion: 200gm
- Green chili: 5-6 no.(as per taste)
- Coriander leaf: 2 tablespoon (chopped)
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Onion seed: 1/4 teaspoon
- Chat masala: 1 teaspoon
For dough (outer layer):
- Aata (wheat flour): 200gm
- Ghee/Oil: 125-150 ml (for roasting the paratha)
- Ghee/Oil: 10 ml (for “moin” i.e. mix with wheat flour)
- Ajwain (thymol seed): ½ teaspoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Chop onion, green chili and coriander leaves.
- Take a mixing bowl; put all stuffing ingredients, mix well, stuffing is ready, keep aside.
For making dough:
- Take a wide vessel, Pour Aata, salt, Ajawin and ghee, mix well, prepare soft dough with help of water, Keep aside for half an hour. You can make dough into food processor too.
For making paratha:
- Divide dough into 5- 6 parts, make big lemon size balls, and Roll the ball in 5-6 inch diameter circle.
- Place 2-3 tablespoon stuffing in the centre of the circle; Fold it and seal the edges by pleating, Fold the edges into the center and join properly. Now press this ball slightly with the help of palm, again roll this ball into the wheat flour, and Roll this ball with the help of rolling pin gently, till the 6 inch diameter. Now raw paratha is ready.
- Take a tawa (griddle) and put on high flame, when it becomes hot; reduce the flame to medium.
- Place the rolled paratha, cook for 20-30 seconds till it changes the color, Turn the other side and cook it by pressing gently by spatula.
- By pressing it will puff up. Sometimes it will not. (But need not to worry taste will still be great; it only shows that rolling is not proper). Apply some ghee and turn it, cook both sides by applying ghee as well as pressing it lightly,
- Serve directly to the plate. Serve the paratha with green chili pickle, plan curd or as you wish.