Wish you a truly blessed chhath puja, on this auspicious occasion there will be special puja, one day before main pooja called kharna and one of the recipe of the day is pittha…
- Raw rice flour: 1 cup
- Ghee: 1 teaspoon
- Take a big ball. Put rice flour and ghee in this, Boil ½ liter of water in a pot.
- Take 1 bowl of boiled water and knead the rice flour, make dough similar to chapatti. (You can knead this into the food processor). That will be easy; kneading with hot water is difficult.
- Divide the dough into 12-15 parts, Grease your palm with ghee and make a smooth ball, raw pittha is ready.
- Boil the water and add 5-8 pittha in it, depending on your pot size, Pittha should come up after few minutes, add some more keep it to boil for another few minutes till it become slightly hard.
- Check this with spoon or fork, Take it out and put in the cold water. Take it out of water after few seconds and put it on the sieve, so that extra water drains out.
- Now pittha is ready to use for chhath puja (kharna pooja).