Cake culture started in our society to celebrate the birthday. Today is the birthday of my elder daughter-in-law to wish her happy and prosperous year ahead, I would like to highlight this occasion to upload a mango Sooji cake recipe for our viewers.
Nothing is better than homemade mango Sooji cake, Taste of this homemade mango Sooji cake is really superior and worth putting efforts.
- Sooji/rava: 1 ½ cup
- Maida: ½ cup
- Mango: 2 no. (250-300gm.)
- Baking soda: 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: 1 pinch
- Refined oil/ghee (clarified butter): ¾ cup
- Mango: 3 no. (450 gm)
- Mango essence: 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Sugar: ¾ -1 cup (as per mango sweetness)
- Peel off mangoes, cut into pieces, discard seeds, and put the pulp in to blending jar, blend it till fine paste. Keep aside.
- Sieve Maida and baking soda, baking powder and salt together (sieve 3-4 times). Keep aside.
- Grind sugar and make powder. Keep aside.
- Take a baking tray, put half teaspoon of ghee, and apply ghee all around the container.
- Sprinkle one teaspoon of Maida over it. Discard extra Maida. Keep aside.
- Take a big mixing bowl, put Sooji and mango pulp, and Mix it well with the help of spoon, keep aside for at least 2 hours or you can store it into refrigerator for overnight.
- Take a big mixing bowl, put sugar and mango pulp with sooji, and Mix it well with the help of hand blender/food processor. (About 4-5 minutes). Add sieved mixture of Maida, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well Make a smooth batter, Add Refined oil/ghee (clarified butter) and mix well, now cake batter is ready.
- Choose the size of baking tray such that when batter is put into it, it gets half filled only, as after baking its volume gets nearly doubled.
- Now bake it into pre heated OTG at 160 degree centigrade for about 35-40 minutes, Bake until toothpick inserted near the centre of the cake comes out clean, if it sticks, bake further few minutes.
- Let it cool; cut the cake into pieces after cooling, Yum-yum-yummy mango Sooji cake is ready to serve.
- You can bake it simply into pre heated cooker on minimum flame.
- Let it cool for some time and transfer into serving plate.