One of the forgotten edible flower, mahua (mahua tree) is sweet and perfectly edible; in fact they are more often used for culinary purpose, Mahua ((Madhuca longfolia) is the special delicacies from forest, for village people of central and western India such as Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Orissa, Bihar and Gujarat.
The mahua flower is rich source of sugar, protein, vitamins and minerals. Mahua flowers are used to make Jaggery; According to the book “indigenous drug of India” mahua is highly therapeutic, due to its tannin content and coolant.
Enjoy the tasty aromatic Mahua laddu, which have incredible and nutty taste of sesame seed too.
- Mahua: 100 gm.
- Sesame seed: 100gm
- Jaggery: 50 gm
- Green cardamom: 4-5 no.
- Dry roast mahua and til separately, allow cooling.
- Grind til, and mahua separately to make powder, grate Jaggery keep aside.
- Peel off green cardamom, crush coarsely, and keep aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, put all ingredients Take one handful mix; shape the mixture in laddu by using your hand.
- Depending upon size of laddu 7-10 laddu will be ready. Decorate with Chandi ka verak.
- Delicious Mahua and til ka laddu ((Madhuca longfolia and sesame seed ball) is ready to eat.