Give your family the power of protein. Paneer is loaded with protein which helps in building strong muscles. ‘Paneer do pyaza’ is good for summer also, due to rich quantity of onion present in it, which have amazing cooling properties …
Enjoy the soft and delicious paneer…
- Paneer (cottage cheese):250gm
- Onion: 400gm.
- Tomato: 100gm
- Garlic: 1 pod
- Ginger: 3’ piece
- Kasuri methi: 2 teaspoon
- Chili powder: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: half teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder: half teaspoon
- Cumin: 1teaspoon
- Mustard Oil/any cooking oil: 4 tablespoon
- Salt: one and half teaspoon (as per taste)
- Cut the paneer into big chunks, keep aside.
- Chop 1 onion into slices longitudinally and 1 onion into 8 pieces, then separate their leaves as shown in photo.
- Chop garlic, ginger green chili and tomato longitudinally, keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a fry pan, add separated leaves of onion sauté on high flame for couple of minutes, and add green chili stir fry for twenty seconds, take it out and keep side.
- Heat remaining oil in a fry pan, add sliced onion sauté on high flame for couple of minutes, and add chopped garlic and ginger stir fry.
- Add chopped tomato, chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt stir fry till liquid dries up; crushed kasuri methy with your both palm and add; stir fry for couple of minutes, add ¼ cup of water so that all ingredients get mixed homogeneously, cook for couple of minutes to get messy appearance.
- Now add paneer; stir fry for couple of minutes; add fried leaf of onion and green chili; cook for couple of minutes on medium flame, add Garam masala powder ‘Paneer (cottage cheese) do pyaza’ is ready to be served.
- Transfer into serving bowl and decorate with green coriander leaves. Serve with roti, paratha or as a side dish.