As you know that lauki (bottle gourd) is very healthy, but when it is stuffed with dry fruits i.e. (cashew nut, almond, raisin) along with paneer (cottage cheese) and Khoa, it is ideal for winters, due to rich in nutrients and very delicious too.
The magic of this royal recipe will force you to lick your finger.
- Lauki (bottle gourd): 1 no. (Small size ~ ½ kg)
- Khoa: 150gm
- Paneer (cottage cheese): 150 gm.
- Cashew nut: 20 gm. (Broken into small pieces)
- Dry grapes: 30 gm.
- Saffron: 1 pinch
- Green coriander leaves: 20gm (Cut in small pieces)
- Green chili: 2no. (Cut in small pieces)
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Onion: 2no. (Medium size)
- Tomato: 1no. (Medium size)
- Poppy seed: 1 tablespoon
- Cashew nut: 20 gm.
- Fresh cream: 2 table spoon
- Curd: 2 tablespoon
- Ginger: 2” pieces.
- Garlic: 4-5
- Cumin seed: half teaspoon
- Green cardamom: 2-3 no.
- Clove: 3-4 no.
- Cinnamon: 1” stick
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder: 1 teaspoon
- Ghee: 4 tablespoon
- Butter: 20 gm.
- Milk: ½ cup
- Turmeric powder: half teaspoon
- Coriander leaf: 2 tablespoon
- Salt: one teaspoon
- Chop onion, ginger, tomato and garlic roughly, keep aside.
- Boil chopped onion, garlic, ginger, tomato and cashew nut together on high flame, allow it to cool, grind them to make wet masala paste. Keep aside.
- Peel off bottle gourd, slit longitudinally and Scoop out the inner pulp as shown in photo. Keep aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, Put all stuffing ingredients, mix well, stuffing is ready. Keep aside.
- Take scooped out bottle gourd, stuff the stuffing in it. Wrap this stuffed bottle gourd into silver foil, keep aside.
- Cook this wrapped bottle gourd into pre heated oven on 200 degree F until it is done, stuffed bottle gourd is ready. Keep aside.
Method for making curry:
- Take a fry pan. Heat ghee until smoke starts coming. Add cumin seed, green cardamom, clove and cinnamon, sputter it for few seconds.
- Add wet masala paste, sauté till light brown. Add chilly, turmeric, and coriander powder, reduce to low flame, and fry till oil separates from masala (or liquid dries up).
- Add bitten curd and half quantity of fresh cream, stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes, add butter and milk slowly also add half cup of hot water as per your gravy consistency. Add Garam masala powder and coriander leaves. Put off the flame.
- Take a serving bowl. Arrange the stuffed bottle gourd; Transfer the gravy on the stuffed bottle gourd, Garnish with chopped coriander or fresh cream as you wish. serve with tandoori paratha or poori or any side dish.