The simple way to romance your love bird on the occasion of valentine evening, the squid fritters and piping hot flavored chai (tea).it’s just and fare that raises the temperature of love.
- Squid (kanava fish): 200gm.
- Ginger paste: ½ teaspoon
- Garlic paste: ½ teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Ajawine (carom seeds): ¼ teaspoon
- Besan (gram flour): 1 cup
- Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
- Rice flour: 1 tablespoon
- Chili powder: 1 teaspoon
- Water: 1 cup
- Mustard oil: for deep frying
- Cleaning and cutting Squid (kanava fish):
- Wash the squid, hold the tentacles and pull the inner part of the squid body, the head part get detached. Discard the inner part. As shown in the photo.
- You will see the transparent quill (cuttle bone) like structure inside the body, pull out and discard this.
- Grab the two fins(wings) of the squid, strapping the skin(membrane) off, it comes out very easily as shown in the photo, wash and clean inside if there is any left over. Cut the fish in ring shape. Again wash it and keep aside.
- Take a bowl. Put Besan, rice flour, salt, chili powder, Ajawine and ginger garlic paste in it. Make a smooth batter with the help of water. Keep aside for couple of minutes.
- Take fry pan, heat oil in it. Let oil to smoke. Pour a drop of batter into the oil; If batter comes up slowly, it means right temperature of oil otherwise wait for a while and test again.
- After getting right temperature of oil, dip the squid ring into batter. (Either direct by hand or spoon)
- Deep fry all rings, when they start to come up slowly turn over, Fry till it becomes golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot Squid fritters (kanava fish fritters) with green chutney to be followed with tea or coffee.