You must have and cooked variety of paratha, I insist to try this healthy and mouth watering pumpkin paratha. The method to prepare them is given below.
Pumpkin can do wonders for your hair, rich in antioxidants, especially vitamin ‘A’ and potassium, it can add luster to your looks and boost hair growth.
- Wheat flour (Aata): 2 cup
- Gram flour (Besan): 1 cup
- Pumpkin: 100-150gm-
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Onion seed (Kalongi): ½ teaspoon
- Ghee: 100 gm (to be used during roasting paratha)
- Grate pumpkin with the help of grater /food processor; Take a wide vessel; put Besan, Aata, salt and Kalongi, Mix well, add required quantity of water till the dough becomes soft.
- (The dough can be made in food processor also), Cover and Keep aside, to be used after 10 minutes.).
- Divide dough into 6-8 parts, make big lemon size balls, and Roll the ball in 3-4” diameter circle. Apply ½ teaspoon of ghee, fold one half as shown in the photo, apply ghee and fold it to make triangle, roll this triangle into wheat flour and roll it evenly into triangle paratha, Now raw paratha is ready.
- Place tawa (griddle) on oven, when it becomes hot; reduce the flame to medium, Place the rolled paratha on this. Cook for few seconds till it changes the color. Turn the side and cook it by pressing gently by spatula.
- By pressing it will puff up into layers, apply some ghee and turn it, Cook both sides by applying ghee as well as pressing it lightly. Take out the paratha from griddle, “clap” and serve.
How to “clap”:
- Clapping the paratha helps to separate the layers and provides nice texture.
- Put the paratha on the rolling stone, fold it as shown in the photo and clap this folded paratha with your palm to all three sides as shown in the photo.
- Serve either hot or warm with boondi raita, tomato salsa, radish chutney/Gajar (carrot) & Gobhi (cauliflower) pickle.
- Garnish with homemade butter.
- Yummy Pumpkin paratha is ready to serve.