On the occasion of valentine day:
Festivals always mean cooking special recipe in the traditional way. You can slightly twist the version and make the festival further special the day. I prepared Mushrooms coco pulao, in which I used the mushroom and coconut milk as basic ingredients. Enjoy the food, zest and be happy.
Mushroom is a super source of zinc, crucial to maintain the number of immune fighters. Unlike cow’s milk, coconut milk is lactose free so can be used as a milk substitute by those with lactose intolerance.
- Basmati rice (preferably long grain): 250gm (2 Cups)
- Mushrooms: 100-150gm.
- Coconut: 1 no. (Medium size) or
- Fresh coconut milk: 500 ml (4 cups)
- Ramba/kewada leaf (Pandanus odorus): 2 no.
- Onion: 1 no. (Medium size)
- Tomato: 2 no. (Medium size)
- Ginger: 1 tablespoon (grated)
- Garlic: 3-4 flakes.
- Salt: 2 teaspoon
- Clove: 4 no.
- Green cardamom: 2 no.
- Cinnamon: 2’ stick
- Ghee: 2 tablespoon
- Refined oil: 1 tablespoon
- Clean and chop mushroom to desire shape, keep aside.
- Wash the rice and keep aside.
- Slice the onion and the tomatoes, keep aside.
- Grind ginger and garlic to fine paste, keep aside.
- Coconut milk preparation:
- Take fresh coconut and break it, Scarp only white portion of coconut with help of coconut scraper.
- Take scraped coconut into grinding jar, add 2 cup of water, Grind well as chutney, Strain the chutney with fine strainer, store the liquid aside, this is called coconut milk, put back the coconut residue into grinding jar, add again 2 cup of water, Grind again and strain, now 4 cups of coconut milk is ready. (You can store it in refrigerator).
- Take a pressure cooker, heat ghee and refined oil, Put green cardamom, cinnamon and clove, sputter for few seconds add sliced onion, stir fry on high flame till onion gets translucent, add grinded ginger-garlic paste stir fry for few seconds, add chopped tomatoes, stir and fry for couple of minutes, add ramba leaves (just break by hands in to 3-4 pieces), add mushroom, stir fry for couple of minutes.
- Add salt and rice, stir fry further for couple of minutes, now Pour coconut milk and close the cooker lid.
- Cook on high flame; bring to full cooking pressure, put off the flame. Allow cooker to cool and open.
- Transfer into serving bowl, delicious Mushrooms coco pulao ready to be served with raita, raw jack fruit sabji, salad and chutney.