A nutritionally balanced diet is the key to get high level of immunity; paying particular attention to protein, I prepared this combination ‘Lauki with Rajma (Bottle gourd with red beans)’. It is good for your health and waistline, see how it will boost your energy and keep fit.
- Lauki: 250-300gm
- Rajma: 100gm.
- Onion: 1 no.
- Tomato: 2 no.
- Green chili: 2 no.
- Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
- Chili powder: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Ghee (clarified butter)/cooking oil: 2 tablespoon
- Soak Rajma 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Remove the Peel of bottle gourd and chop them into squire, keep aside.
- Chop onion and make paste. keep aside.
- Chop green chili and tomatoes into small pieces, keep aside.
- Take a pressure cooker, heat ghee, add grinded onion, fry till it gets light brown in color, add chopped tomatoes, chopped green chili, and powder masala, stir fry for couple of minutes.
- Add chopped lauki and Rajma stir fry on medium flame for couple of minutes, add salt and 2 cups of water (as per your requirement) put the lid on and bring full cooking pressure, lower the flame. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Put off the flame, allow it to cool.
- Lauki with Rajma (Bottle gourd with red beans) is ready to serve, Serve hot or warm with steamed rice/chapati.