‘Sattu ki kachori’ is Delicacy from Bihar, has spicy, tangy, hot amazing and mouth watering taste. So make this amazingly tempting recipe and pamper your taste bud. Here I used Dabur Hajmola.
- Sattu: 1 cup
- Onion: 2 no. (Medium size)
- Green chili: 5-6 no.
- Ginger: 2” piece
- Garlic: 5-6 flakes
- Coriander leaf: 2 tablespoon (chopped)
- Mustard oil: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Ajwain: 1/4 teaspoon
- Onion seed: 1/4 teaspoon
- Black pepper: 1 tablespoon
- Fennel seed: 1 teaspoon
- Hajmola: 4-5 tablets (optional)
- Lemon: 1 no.
For dough (outer layer):
- Maida (refined flour):500gm
- Ghee/Oil: 125-150 ml
- Ajwain (thymol seed):1teaspoon
- Kalonji (onion seed): 1teaspoon
- Oil: for deep frying
- Chop onion, ginger, garlic, green chili and coriander into small pieces.
- Grind hajmola.
- Take a mixing bowl; put all stuffing ingredients in it, Mix well, if required add small amount of water.
- Now stuffing is ready, keep aside.
For making dough:
- Take a wide vessel, Pour Maida, salt, Ajawin, Kalongi and ghee, mix well by rubbing between palm.
- Mix well and prepare hard dough with the help of water, Keep aside for half an hour. You can make dough into food processor too.
For making kachori:
- Take dough, make lemon size balls. Flatten the edge of each ball with the help of finger, make 3’’ diameter circle (leaving centre little thicker than edge) and stuff 1 teaspoon stuffing in the centre. As shown in photo.
- Pull the edge of dough to wrap the sattu (stuffing) repeat with the rest, Make it round in shape.
- Heat oil in a fry pan on medium heat (to check if oil is ready put a little piece of dough in the oil it should come up slowly, Deep fry the kachori on medium low heat, After they start to puff slowly turn over, Fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Note: if the kachori is fried on high heat, it will be soft. It will not be crunchy.
- Now, mouth watering kachori is ready to eat with green chutney and sauth (tamarind chutney), to be followed by masala tea/ coffee.