Ragi is small wonder-super cereals, best source of calcium, dietary fiber, high protein and rich source of minerals .it is the supplement especially for those who is suffering at the risk of osteoporosis or low hemoglobin level.
- Ragi (Finger millet): 1 cup
- Boiled rice/par boiled rice: 1 cup
- Urad dal (split black gram): half cup
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Wash Ragi, rice and dal each separately with water, so that all dust particles get removed properly.
- Soak, Ragi, rice and dal in separate bowl with double quantity of water for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Grind the dal with equal amount of water to a very smooth paste (~ 10-15 minutes) in a ‘dosa grinder’ or ‘mixer grinder’. Keep aside.
- First grind the Ragi with required quantity of water to a fine and smooth paste, add the rice into Ragi paste with required quantity of water to a fine paste.
- Take out this paste and mix with dal paste, add salt, stir well cover the mixture; leave it for 5-6 hours for fermentation.
- After fermentation, stir the batter with ladle, if required add some water to get the consistency, Smear the idli stand cups with little ghee/oil.
- Pour ladleful fermented mixture in idli stand cavity; place the idli cooker on the gas with a cup of water, place the idli stand into the idli cooker and close the lid.
- Cook until toothpick inserted near the centre of the idli comes out clean; it will take about 8-10 minutes.
- Take out this idly with the help of spoon, and transfer into serving bowl, Light fluffy idli is ready to serve with masala Sāmbhar and coconut chutney.
- You can also serve with tomato onion chutney and dry sesame seed chutney.