In India so many variety of fresh water fish is available. A bowl of cooked rice with fish is liked all over India, enjoy the healthy meal. This fish made without onion and garlic to give extra ordinary taste and flavor, Relish the exotic flavor of the recipe.
Fish has been important source of protein, nutrients and particularly omega-3 fatty acid.
Fish are heart-friendly and can help children in brain development.
- Fish: 250gm (medium size pieces of fish preferably without skin)
- Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
- Green chili: 4-6 no.
- Ginger: 4” piece
- Oil: 4 table spoon
- Cumin: half teaspoon
- Shahi jeera (caraway): ½ teaspoon
- Cinnamon: 2” piece
- Clove: 2 no.
- Bay leaf: 1 no.
- Green cardamom: 2 no.
- Black cardamom: 1 no.
- Mace: 1” piece
- Salt: one teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Clean the fish properly with running water. Add lemon juice. Wait for 5-7 minutes. Again wash the fish drain out all the water, add salt and turmeric powder. Rub all these items on the fish. Keep aside.
- Scrap the skin of ginger, make fine paste, and keep aside.
- Slit the green chili, discard the seeds, and keep aside.
- Heat oil in fry pan on high flame, when smoke starts coming, add fish pieces and increase the flame to high. Fry on both sides till light golden color appears (about 2-3 minutes each side), take out and Keep aside.
- Put cumin, black cumin, Cinnamon, Clove, black cardamom, mace, bay leaf and green cardamom, sputter for few seconds; add ginger paste and silted chili stir fry on medium low flame for few seconds, reduce heat at low flame, add salt, chili, coriander, turmeric powder, stir and add required quantity (a cup) of water, let it be boiling for couple of minutes, add fried fish, cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame. Put off the flame. Transfer into serving bowl, decorate with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with steamed rice.