The recipe is my family favorite, we like this exotic flavor paratha a lot.
- Wheat flour (Aatta): 150 gm.
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Ajawine (Carom seed): ½ teaspoon
- Ghee: 100 gm (to be used during roasting paratha)
- Ghee: 20 gm (to be mixed with dough as moin)
- Gobhi (cauliflower): 400gm
- Fresh green chili: 4-5 no.
- Chili powder: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Sesame seed: 30-40 gm
- Coriander leaves: 50 gm.
For making stuffing:
- Discard the seed of fresh green chili and chop into fine pieces, keep aside.
- Chop green coriander leaves, keep aside.
- Grate cauliflower with the help of grater /food processor; put ½ spoon salt and mix well, keep aside for 10-15 minutes, then squeeze gently and take out extra juice (to reduce the wetness and to be used in making dough), keep it into mixing bowl and add all the stuffing ingredients, mix well, Now stuffing is ready.
For making dough:
- Take a wide vessel; put Aata, Ajwain, ghee and salt. Mix well
- Add juice extracted from cauliflower, knead them, if required, put water in small quantity till the dough becomes soft.
- (The dough can be made in food processor also), Cover and Keep aside, to be used after 10 minutes.).
- Divide dough into 4-5 parts, make big lemon size balls.
- Roll the ball in 5-6 inch diameter circle.
- Place 2-3 tablespoon stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Fold it and seal the edges by pleating.
- Fold the edges into the center and join properly.
- Now press this ball slightly with the help of palm.
- Again roll this ball into the wheat flour.
- Roll this ball with the help of rolling pin gently, till the 6 inch dia.
- Now raw paratha is ready.
- Take a tawa (griddle) and put on high flame, when it becomes hot; reduce the flame to medium flame.
- Place the rolled paratha on this.
- Cook for few seconds till it changes the color.
- Turn the other side and cook it by pressing gently by spatula.
- By pressing it will puff up. Sometimes it will not. (But need not to worry taste will still be great; it only shows that rolling is not proper). Apply some ghee and turn it.
- Cook both sides by applying ghee as well as pressing it lightly.
- Serve directly to the plate. Serve the paratha with Tomato radish salad (stir fry), raita and Gajar (carrot) & Gobhi (cauliflower) pickle, Garnish with homemade butter.