Raita is one of the most popular dishes from Indian cuisine. This is easy to prepare can be made in quick time, goes well with poori, pulao, biryani, paratha.
Including this raita in your meal will make the meal more enjoyable. Above all this preparation is full of calcium and protein.
- Boondi: ½ cup
- Curd (Yogurt): 1 cup
- Cumin seed (roasted powder): 1 teaspoon
- Salt: half teaspoon
- Sugar: ½ teaspoon (optional)
- Chili powder: ½ teaspoon
- Fresh mint leaves: 1 teaspoon
- Green chili: 1 no.(optional)
- Soak the boondi into hot water for couple of minutes, discard the water. Keep aside.
- Chop mint leaves and green chili keep aside.
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Put the curd, salt, cumin seed powder, chili powder, green chili and chopped mint leaves into the bowl.
- Mix them well.
- Add soaked boondi into the curd, mix well and put into serving bowl.
- Boondi raita is ready. Sprinkle the little cumin powder and chili powder over the prepared raita.
- You can serve this as a side dish too.