Pickles are very popular in India. The goodness of lemon is packed in it that to without using oil; it is good for digestion.
We had been eating these pickles since our childhood. The taste is awesome; enjoy the sweet, sour and spicy taste of pickle…
- Lemon: 250 gm
- Salt: 30 gm
- Ajawine: 5 gm
- Turmeric powder: 5 gm
- Garam masala powder: 5 gm
- Nutmeg powder: 1 pinch
- Sugar/Jaggery: 20-30gm.
- Clean and wash lemon. Dry them with kitchen towel.
- Slit the lemon into four without separating them as shown in photo, keep aside.
- Take a big mixing bowl. Put all powder masala with salt and sugar; mix well, now stuffing is ready.
- Fill this masala powder into each lemon carefully and properly; Put this stuff lemon into dry jar, close the lid and keep inside for 24 hours or one day.
- Next day open the lid tie a clean and thin cotton clothe instead of lid, put this jar outside into the sun for drying for another 8-10 days.
- Note: shake the jar daily for proper liquid and solid mixing.
- Now, mouth watering “Nimboo ka (khatta- Meetha) bharwan aachar / Stuffed (sweet and sour) lemon pickle” is ready to use.
- Remove the covering clothe put the lid back. Keep it in dry and cool place for storage, can be used for several months.
- This can be served with aaloo paratha, chapati, rice etc.
Nimboo ka (khatta- Meetha) bharwan aachar / Stuffed (sweet and sour) lemon pickle. by Nag Ratna Sahu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.