Why not we celebrate this summer with thandha – thandha, cool-cool Rasmalai, which uplift your mood and make you feel refreshed and energized, this is most grand, noble, and delectable sweets from India. It is served at any occasion.
The recipe has dash of saffron and elaechi (green cardamom) sprinkle of almond and pistachio.
For making paneer ball:
- Whole milk: 1 liter
- Synthetic vinegar: 1 serving spoon
- Water: 1 cup
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Green cardamom: 2 no.
For making thick milk syrup/rabri:
- Milk: 1 liter (whole)
- Green cardamom: 5-6 no.
- Saffron: 1 pinch
- Almond: 10-12no.
- Sugar: 3 tablespoon
- Boil the milk; stir continuously so that it should not stick to bottom.
- Be careful it should not overflow from the pan, put off the flame.
- Add one cup of water, wait for 3-4 minutes, and add vinegar into the milk; stir well until paneer and water get separated.
- Immediately add little more quantity of vinegar, if it is not fully separated.
- Take a bowl, keep soup strainer over it.
- Put fine thin handkerchief/paneer strainer cloth on the strainer.
- Pour paneer and water on it.
- Let the water get drained, clean and wash this paneer with running water and hang till all water drain out.
- Now take a flat plate or grid of cooker, place this gathered paneer (paneer Potali) on the cooker grid.
- Place a plate on the paneer, and put weight (you can use strained water bowl) at the top of the paneer. See the photo.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes; Open the paneer Potali, paneer is ready to mash with palm, make smooth dough as shown in photo.
- Mash paneer with cardamom and sugar powder till it gets smooth texture; divide this smooth paneer dough into 12-13 pieces, makes small balls and slightly presses this to give small tikki shape, keep aside.
- Place pressure cooker on the stove with 1 liter of water and 4 teaspoon of sugar, add prepared tikki in it, close the lead, at full cooking pressure lower the heat and cook for 4-5 minutes, put off the flame, allow it to cool.
- Take a wide mouth heavy bottom pan, apply some ghee (clarified butter) at the base and inner wall of the pan, Pour the milk into the pan and allow it to boil on high flame, keep stirring and scraping the sides of the vessels at regular interval.
- After 5-6 minutes add saffron and green cardamom, allow it to cook till it become half, add sugar and cook for couple of minutes, put off the flame. Allow it to cool, transfer it into serving bowl and keep it into refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Now take out the tikki from cooker, squeeze the tikki with palm and put in into prepared thick milk/malai.
- Decorate with sliced pistachio, sliced almond, green cardamom powder and saffron thread.
- Again store in refrigerator and serve whenever you wish.