I could see a special smile emerge from my younger son’s face, when he saw that there is triple M (methy, makai and malai) sabji served on the dining table, he enjoyed the dinner much. This sabji is inspired by master chef sanjeeve kapoor.
- Fresh green methy (fenugreek leaves): 400 gm.
- Corn: 200 gm
- Malai (fresh cream): 1 cup
- Onion: 1no. (Medium size)
- Tomato: 1 no. (Medium size)
- Ginger: 2”pieces
- Garlic: 2-3 flacks
- Green chili: 1no.
- Cumin: half teaspoon
- Chili powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Coriander powder: ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon (as per taste)
- Mustard oil: 1tablespoon
- Clean and chop onion, ginger, garlic, green chili and fenugreek leaves into small pieces. Keep aside.
- Take a fry pan. Heat oil and add cumin, let it sputter for few seconds.
- Add garlic, and ginger, fry it for a minute.
- Add Chopped green chili, onion; fry it till onion turns transparent (2-3 minutes).
- Add chopped tomato; fry it (2-3 minutes), Stir it with little pressing manner with stirrer and fry till it gets messy appearance. (Keep it stirring otherwise it may burn).
- Add corn, stir it and cover it on low flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Add salt, red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder stirs it.
- Add chopped fenugreek leaves, stir well and fry for few minutes, it will change the color and starts shrinking.
- Cover it and cook again on medium flame till it is done. (2~minutes) Stir occasionally.
- Now add malai, cover it and cook again on medium flame till liquid dries up and oil get separated from the sides, it is done.
- Put off the flame. Transfer into serving bowl. Decorate with fresh malai.
- You can serve hot or warm, serve this as a side dish with chapatti or paratha.
- The green color of fenugreek leaves comes from chlorophyll; it is rich in vitamins, minerals and contains a variety of disease fighting plant chemicals.
- This also helps to prevent skin degeneration and preserves the youthfulness of skin.
- The flavor becomes even richer when malai is added to this methi makai malai where the main constituent is green fenugreek leaf.
- Corn is good source of fiber, it gives us chewing satisfaction.
- It nourishes our lower digestive tract.
- Recent research has shown that corn can support the growth of friendly bacteria in our large intestine.