- Fresh Cream/Malai: 3-4 cups
- Curd/yogurt: 1 table spoon
- I use cream (malai) from the milk of regular house hold use which has been collected for 2-4 weeks.
- It is necessary to store this malai/cream in a container in the freezer.
- This is to be converted into butter, after collecting 3-4 cups of malai.
How to make butter from malai:
- Take out the malai container; bring this malai to room temperature.
- Add curd/ yogurt into the malai, stir well.
- Cover it, after 6-8 hours, malai will get thick and slightly sour smell.
- Place the container into refrigerator for minimum 2 hours.
- Take out the malai container from the refrigerator.
- Churn/blend this fermented malai using hand blander/food processor on medium to high speed.
- Churn until it reaches a semisolid state (5-7minutes).
- Now, butter will start to separate into butter and butter milk.
- Butter comes up to the top or it is floating in the buttermilk.
- Pour butter milk through soup strainer to other container.
- Now butter stayed on the strainer and buttermilk pass through the strainer (As photo given).
- You can use spoon/fist to press out buttermilk from the butter.
- Now homemade butter is ready to spread on sliced bread, paratha, and soup and for many more use like paneer paratha, flex seed paratha…..
- According to recent studies butter is a healthy diet.
- It boosts our immune system, help hormone production, and support our bones, organs, above all our brain.
- Good homemade natural butter has great flavor and satisfying.
- Butter consists of butter fat, milk protein and water.
- It is necessary to completely squeeze out buttermilk from the butter to store.
- You can store this butter up to 3-4 weeks into the refrigerator and 5-6 months into the freezer.