- Cauliflower: 750gm
- Carrot: 200 gm
- Salt: 60 gm
- Yellow mustard powder: 50 gm
- Red chili powder: 30 gm
- Turmeric powder: 10 gm
- Asafetida: 1 pinch
- Fennel seed: 10 gm
- Onion seed: 5 gm
- Garam masala powder: 10 gm
- Black pepper powder: 5gm
- Mustard oil: 150 gm
- Onion: 50 gm
- Ginger: 50gm
- Garlic: 10 gm
- Vinegar: 2 table spoon
- Jaggery: 20 gm (optional)
- Tamarind: 20 gm
- Clean and peel the carrots.
- Cut into 3inch( thin) pieces longitudinally
- Cut the cauliflower into medium pieces.
- Grind onion, ginger and garlic together. Masala is ready. Keep aside.
- Soak Jaggery and tamarind into the vinegar for some time.
- Mix properly with hand and sieve this.
- Now the pulp is ready for use. Keep aside this pulp.
- Blanch (put the vegetables into the boiling water for 2 minutes. And immediately put into chilled water and then in running water) the carrot and cauliflower separately.
- Then put these vegetables in to the sun for 2-3 hours for drying to get rid of extra water.
- Take a fry pan. Put oil in it, when oil starts smoking, put asafetida and grounded masala in it.
- Fry on medium flame till it becomes golden brown and separates from the masala.
- Add all dry masala and fry 2 minutes.
- Add dry carrot and cauliflower into it.
- Stir it and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- When it comes on normal temperature, and then add prepared pulp in it.
- Carrot and cauliflower pickle is ready.
Store this pickle in a glass container.