- Aatta (wheat flour): 2 cup
- Ghee: 2 tablespoon (for moin, that is put it into dough itself).
- Onion seed: half teaspoon
- Aniseed: half teaspoon
- Salt: half teaspoon.
- Ghee: 100 gm (to be used during roasting paratha).
- Matar (peas): 500 gm (fresh grains)
- Black pepper: 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seed: 1 teaspoon
- Fennel seed: 1 teaspoon
- Green chilly: 4-5 no.
- Asafoetida: 1 pinch
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
For making dough:
- Take a wide vessel; pour Aatta, 2 tablespoon ghee, onion seed, aniseed and salt. Mix well by rubbing between palms.
- Add water in small quantity and knead them, if required, put some more water till the dough becomes soft.
- (The dough can be made in food processor also)
- Cover and Keep aside, to be used after 10-20 minutes.
For making stuffing:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a fry pan.
- Add cumin seed, funnel seed, black pepper and Asafoetida, when it turns brown, and add green chili.
- Stir it, saute low flame till changing color. Add peas and fry it about 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Cover it, lower the flame. Stir occasionally.
- Fry until it is half done, (About 5-7 minutes)
- Add salt, Fry till peas are done.
- Keep aside for half an hour.
- After it becomes cold, grind coarsely.
- Now stuffing is ready.
- Divide stuffing into 8 parts and make ball.
- Divide dough into 8 parts, make big lemon size balls.
- Roll the ball in 5-6 inch diameter circle.
- Place big lemon size stuffing in the center of the circle.
- Fold it and seal the edges of this by pleating.
- Fold the edges into the center and joint properly.
- Now press this ball slightly with the help of palm.
- Again roll this ball into the wheat flour.
- Roll this ball with the help of rolling pin gently, till the 6 inch dia.
- Now raw paratha is ready.
- Take a tawa (griddle), when it becomes hot; reduce the flame to medium flame.
- Place the rolled paratha on this.
- Cook for few seconds till it changes the color.
- Turn the other side and cook it by pressing gently by spatula.
- By pressing it will puff up. Sometimes it will not. (But need not to worry taste will still great)
- (It only shows that rolling is not proper).
- Apply some ghee and turn it.
- Cook both sides by applying ghee as well as pressing it lightly.
- Serve directly to the plate. Serve with green coriander butter milk and Gajar (carrot) & Gobhi (cauliflower) pickle.
- garnish with homemade butter
Yummy peas paratha is ready to serve.