- Parwal (pointed gourd): 100 gm
- Potato: 100 gm
- Onion: 1 onion (small)
- Mustard oil(cooking oil): 3 tablespoon
- Chili powder: half teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: half teaspoon
- Coriander powder: one teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon (as per taste)
- Chopped Coriander leaves: 2 tablespoon
- Cumin seed: half teaspoon
- Peel off and Chop the potatoes length wise.
- Wash and Trim the both ends of parwal (pointed gourd), and cut into 8 pieces length wise.
- Chop onion into thin slices.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add cumin seeds when it turns brown; add a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Drop chopped potatoes and sliced Parwal in the oil, sauté on low flame.
- Fry until half done, (About 5-7 minutes)
- Add onion in it.
- Add chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Fry till vegetables are done.
- Now aaloo Parwal ka bhujia is ready.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaf
now quick Aaloo Parwal ka bhujia (potato- pointed gourd fry) is ready to serve.Note: heavy bottom pan and low heat works better.
This is served with rice or paratha.