- Saim ki phalli (Broad beans): 250 gm (tender)
- Aaloo (Potato): 100gmas
- Asafetida: one pinch
- Cumin seed: half teaspoon
- Poppy seed: 1 tablespoon
- Red chili: 2 no.
- Salt: one teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder: 1 teaspoon
- Dry mango powder (optional): 1 teaspoon
- Mustard oil/olive oil: 2 tablespoon
- Trim the both ends of the Saim.
- Remove Strings from each bean.
- Split into two, and cut into small pieces.
- Wash and peel off the potato.
- Cut the each potato into small pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add cumin seeds, poppy seed, red chili and asafetida, when it turns brown; add a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Put chopped potatoes and Saim ki phalli in the oil, stir it and cover it, sauté on low flame.
- Fry until half done, (About 5-7 minutes)
- Add chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Fry till vegetables are done.
- Add dry mango powder (optional) and fry for few seconds.
- now,delicious Saim- Aaloo is ready to serve.