- Parwal(pointed gourd): 250 gm
- Poppy seed: 5 tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: half teaspoon
- Red Chili: 3 no.
- Cumin seed: half teaspoon
- Garlic: 3 clove
- Onion: 1 no. (Small)
- Ginger: half inch pieces
- Mustard oil or cooking Oil: 4 tablespoon
- Wash and Trim the both ends of pointed gourd.
- Peel off the Parwal and cut into two pieces (longitudinally)
- Cut onion into very small pieces.
- Dry grind poppy seeds and red chili, add little water garlic and ginger, wet grind to make smooth masala paste. keep aside.
- Take fry pan heat 2 table spoon of oil in it. When it smokes, put, cumin seeds.
- Add Parwal and fry it about 5 minutes (till Parwal becomes tender).
- Remove Parwal from fry pan. Keep aside.
- Put rest of oil into the pan.
- Add chopped onion and fry till golden brown. (About 3 minutes)
- Add masala paste. Stir it and fry (keep it stirring otherwise it may burn).
- Add fried Parwal in it, add ¼ cup of water and Cover it.
- Cook it on medium flame till Parwal is done. (Stir occasionally)