- parwal (pointed gourd): 250 gm
- Onion: 4 no. (Medium)
- Ginger paste: half teaspoon
- Cumin seed: half teaspoon
- Chilly powder: one teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: half teaspoon
- Coriander powder: half teaspoon
- Garam masala powder: half teaspoon
- Mustard Oil/any cooking oil: 4 tablespoon
- Salt: one and half teaspoon (as per taste)
- Wash and Trim the both ends of pointed gourd, and slit it from one side.
- Take out all the pulp of Parwal.
- Chop onion into very fine pieces.
Method: For stuffing:
- Heat 4 tablespoon of oil in a fry pan.
- Add cumin seed, when it turns brown, add chopped onion. Fry till onion become transparent.
- (About 5-6 minutes)
- Add chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Add ginger paste.
- Fry till onion become light brown.
- Add Garam masala powder.
Filling is ready.Keep aside.
- Stuff this filling into parwal with the help of spoon.
- Pour 2 tablespoon of oil in the fry pan.
- When smoke starts , arrange stuffed Parwal such that you can turn the side of parwal one by one and saute on low flame.
- Cover the lid.
- After few minutes change the side of parwal , when both side of parwal starts browning, it is done.
Serve with roti, paratha or as a side dish.
The Bharwan (stuff) Parwal by Nag Ratna Sahu, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.