- Parwal: 250 gm
- Mustard oil: 2tablespoon
- Chilly powder: half teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: half teaspoon
- Coriander powder: one teaspoon
- Salt: half teaspoon (as per taste)
- Chopped Coriander leaves: 2 tablespoon
- Asafetida powder: half teaspoon
- Cumin seed: half teaspoon
- Whole coriander: 1 teaspoon
- Wash and Trim the both ends of pointed gourd, and slice into fine pieces.
- Crush the whole coriander.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add cumin seeds and crushed coriander and Asafetida powder when it turns brown, add a pinch of turmeric powder and sliced Parwal, saute on low flame.
- Fry until parawal is half done, (About 5-7 minutes)
- Add chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder.
- Fry till parawal is done.
- Now parawal ka bhujia is ready.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaf.
Note: heavy bottom pan and low heat works better.
This is served with dal chawal (rice).
The Parawal ka bhujia (pointed gourd fry) by Nag Ratna Sahu, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.