- Basmati rice: 250 gm
- Ghee: 50gm (5 tablespoon)
- Onion: 100gm
- Fried Kaju (Cashew nut): 4- 6 no. (For garnishing)
- Dry grapes: 10 gm (For garnishing)
- Bay leaf: 1 no.
- Cumin seed: half teaspoon.
- Sugar: half teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Water: 500ml
Ingredients for Masala Potali:
- Clove: 3 no.
- Cinnamon: 2 inch stick
- Green cardamom: 2 no.
- Black cardamom: 1 no.
- Mace: 2 inch piece
- Cumin seed: Half teaspoon
- Ginger: 1 inch piece (grated)
- Clean and wash rice. Keep aside in a sieve.
- Chop onion longitudinally and soak in milk. Keep aside.
- Take a muslin cloth 5 square inch. Put Potali masala ingredient in it and tie. Masala Potali is ready. Keep aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoon of ghee in a fry pan.
- Add chopped onion which is soaked in the milk after squeezing extra milk; fry it in high flame till it gets light brown.
- Remove it and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of ghee in cooker with cumin seed and bay leaf. Allow to sputter it.
- Add washed rice and fry for 3-5 minutes.
- The moment some of rice begins to change color.
- Add hot water, masala Potali, salt and sugar.
- Place cooker on high flame and bring to full cooking pressure.
Put off the flame.
- Allow cooker to cool. Keep aside.
- After cooling the cooker, stir lightly the pulao with the help of fork, and add half of the fried onion, cashew nut, and dry grapes.
- Serve pulao in a rice plate and decorate with left over fried onion, fried cashew nut, and dry grapes.
- Mouth watering aromatic pulao is ready to serve.
The Aromatic Pulao by Nag Ratna Sahu, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.