- Bora (Long beans): 250 gm
- Onion: 2 no. (Small size)
- Tomato: 1no. (Medium size)
- Garlic: 6 flake (medium)
- Ginger: 2 inch pieces
- Green chilly: 2 no.
- Dry whole red chilly: 2 no.
- Cumin seed: 1 teaspoon
- Whole coriander: 1tablespoon (crushed)
- Bay leaf: 2 no.
- Black pepper: 10-15
- Cinnamon: 1 inch piece
- Black cardamom: 1 no. (Crushed)
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon (as per taste)
- Cooking oil: 2 tablespoon
- Cut Bora(Long beans) into 2 inch pieces.
- Cut onion into fine slices longitudinally.
- Chop tomatoes into small pieces.
- Cut ginger and garlic length wise.
- Cut green chilly into small pieces.
- Break whole red chilly into two or three pieces.
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Put Bora (long beans), sliced onion, garlic, ginger, green chilly, salt, turmeric powder and 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Mix above ingredients with half cup of water and boil it.
- Take a fry pan. Put rest of oil in it.
- Put cumin seed, red chilly, cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaf, crushed cardamom and coriander.
- Fry few seconds, then add chopped tomatoes .fry tomatoes till oil leaves from sides (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add boiled vegetables and fry it till liquid dried up.
- Decorate with green coriander and fresh red chilly.
Bora (long beans) stew is ready to serve.
The Bora (Long beans/Snake beans) stew by Nag Ratna Sahu, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.