- Prawn: 500gm
- Onion: 2 no. (Small)
- Tomato: 1no. (Small)
- Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
- Ginger paste: 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste: half teaspoon
- Oil: 2 table spoon
- Cumin seed: half teaspoon
- Bay leaf: 2 no.
- Salt: 1teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1teaspoon
- Red chilly powder: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1teaspoon
- Garam masala powder: one forth teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves: 2 table spoon (chopped)
- Water: half cup
- Clean and wash the prawn.
- First remove head and leg from the body.
- Then peel the shell from the prawn.
- Cut outer edge of prawn’s back. You can see intestine of the dorsal part of the body (vein).
- Remove and discard the vein runs along right under the surface of back, with your finger or tip of knife
- Add lemon juice. Leave it for 5-7 minutes. Again wash the prawn drain out all the water.
- Marinate the prawn with salt and red chilly powder.
- Cut onion and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan till smoke is coming.
- Put bay leaf, cumin seed and fry few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and brown on high flame. (About5- 7minutes)
- Add, ginger and garlic paste, and fry until golden brown (about 3 minutes).
- Add all powder masala and tomato.
- Cook till oil starts leaving the edges.
- Add marinated prawn, stir it well and cook for 4-6 minutes with lid on. Reduce to low flame.
- Fry till liquid dries up.
- Add hot water. Close lid.
- Reduce flame to lower heat and cook until gravy becomes thick and oil comes on top.
- Add Garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves.
Serve with paratha or pulao.