- Bhindi (lady finger): 250 gm
- Mustard seed: 1 tablespoon
- Poppy seed: 1 teaspoon
- Whole Red chilly: 3 no.
- Garlic: 7-8 cloves (Medium size)
- Salt: half teaspoon (as per taste)
- Turmeric powder: half teaspoon
- Oil: 2 tablespoon
- Water: 1 cup
- Clean and wash bhindi. Dry them with kitchen towel.
- Trim the both ends of bhindi, and Cut the bhindi in2-3 inch pieces. Slit each pieces in + cross section such that one end remains joined.
- Grind mustard seed, poppy seed and red chilly with a pinch of salt (dry). When it becomes powder add garlic and water, and make smooth paste.
- Take a fry pan and heat the oil. When smoke starts coming, add chopped bhindi.
- Stir it, and fry it till bhindi is half done. (About 5 minutes)
- Add wet masala, salt and turmeric powder and fry it about 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat and fry 1more minutes.
- Add water in it, and stir it.
- Boil it on high flame. Lower the flame, cook it till bhindi become soft and done. (About 2-3 minutes)
- Bhindi curry is ready to serve with chapatti or paratha.
Serve hot with paratha or chapati.