- Baigan (brinjal): 4 no.
- Aaloo (potato): 4 no.
- Garlic: half teaspoon (paste)
- Ginger: half teaspoon (Paste)
- Onion: 2 tablespoon (paste)
- Garam masala powder: half teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Chilly powder: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Rice flour/chick pea flour: 3 tablespoon. (With rice flour it will be crispier).
- Oil: for shallow fry
- Cut the Brinjal into 5mm to 6mm thin slices in a bowl filled with water (other wise it will turn dark brown as it contains lot of iron)
- Cut the potato into 3mm-4mm thin slices in a bowl filled with water.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the flour with red chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt, coriander powder, Garam masala powder, garlic paste, ginger paste, onion paste mix with water. Make the thick batter.
- Coat the slices (both side) of Brinjal and potato with the batter.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil on a non stick fry pan, spread it.
- When smoke starts coming. Spread the Brinjal and potato in fry pan.
- Fry on medium heat on both sides till golden brown color appears. (It takes about 2 minutes each side)
- Add few drops of oil if required.
- Repeat till all the slices are cooked.
Serve immediately while it is crisp as a side disc.
The Baigan Aaloo ka taruaa (potato brinjal tikka) by Nag Ratna Sahu, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.