- Tomato: 250 gm
- Onion: 1no. (Medium size)
- Garlic: 3-4 flake
- Ginger: 1 inch piece
- Green chilly: 2-3 no.
- Coriander leaves: 50 gm
- Salt: 1teaspoon (as per taste)
- Mustard oil/olive oil: 1teaspoon (optional)
- Cut the onion in very small pieces.
- Cut garlic, ginger, green chilly and coriander leaves.
- Roast the tomatoes over open flame or in a preheated oven until the skin starts peeling off.
- Cool them.
- Peel off tomatoes skin, and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Mash the tomatoes pulp completely with the help of masher/hand.
- Add chopped onion, ginger, garlic, chilly, coriander leaf, salt and oil.
- Mix well.
- Tomato kachumar is ready to serve.
Serve hot or cold.